Search
FAQ
Home

Board index » The Warehouse » Programs and Scripts

Post subject: WP Random Header Image Script
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:29 pm
Site Owner
Site Owner

Until I learn how to properly include this as a plugin manual usage will have to do.

Directions.
  • Make backup copies of the following files.

style.css
    header.css <- if it exists.
  • Create a folder in your wp-content/template/yourtemplate/images folder named bgImage.
  • upload the extracted folder in its entirety to your wp-content/template/yourtemplate/images/bgImage folder.
  • Add as many bg images as you want to the bgImage folder. Name each image bg1.png, bg2.png and so on.
  • Look in the header.css or the #header section of your style.css and change the header graphic from "images/header.jpg" to "images/bgImage/image.jpg"
  • Edit the config.inc file and set the header image width and height to the width and height of the header image used in your wordpress template.
  • View your wordpress site.

If the .htaccess file is not created automatically for you or there is a problem with this file
you will find a supplied htaccess file included with the zip. htaccess.zip.

If you have any questions please feel free to comment in this thread.

Post subject: Re: WP Random Header Image Script
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 pm
New Guy

These instructions do not work for me. Nothing happens. I can't get rid of the thought that some important part is missing in the instructions. Shouldn't the file "config.inc" be included somewhere somehow? How exactly am I supposed to activate that plugin-that-isn't-really-a-plugin? Or isn't there some other piece of code missing? Which piece of code, for example, is supposed to choose randomly from amongst the available bgX.jpg files?

I am neither a php nor a html crack, although I have created and modified several web sites so far. I did them all with Wordpress. Great tool! But anyhow, any help is greatly appreciated. Please email or PM me (see mail address in profile)

Thanks
-- TheRider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:04 pm
Site Owner
Site Owner

you dont have to include anything. Dont even have to edit anything for this to work.

Just extract it to a folder and then reference the folder provided.

so if you put the plugin in a folder called images inside your themes directory then you would access it like so

mydomain.com/wp-content/themes/themename/images/image.jpg

you will see a default image displayed if everything is working properly.

If you dont see an image but instead you see the text that references the image, then the apache on your webserver is not reading the .htaccess file. You will need to get a server admin to fix that for you.

its an option in the http.conf file.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:17 am
New Guy

Hello together,

i am from Germany and i have a Problem, i hope someone will support me.

• Make backup copies of the following files. style.css header.css <- if it exists. - > OK
  • Create a folder in your wp-content/template/yourtemplate/images folder named bgImage. - > OK
  • upload the extracted folder in its entirety to your wp-content/template/yourtemplate/images/bgImage folder. - > OK
  • Add as many bg images as you want to the bgImage folder. Name each image bg1.png, bg2.png and so on. - > OK
  • Look in the header.css or the #header section of your style.css and change the header graphic from "images/header.jpg" to "images/bgImage/image.jpg" - > OK

• Edit the config.inc file and set the header image width and height to the width and height of the header image used in your wordpress template. - > OK

• View your wordpress site.
- > OK, but it doesn´t work

If the .htaccess file is not created automatically for you or there is a problem with this file
you will find a supplied included with the zip. htaccess.zip.
is it a Problem with the htaccess file? where it must be positioned? In the same folder as the Zip-file?

Thank you for your answers!!

regard celsius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:37 pm
Site Owner
Site Owner

Sorry for the late response, I moved recently and shit is literally still falling from the fan.

ok, so, you want to put the .htaccess file in the bgimage folder. Same folder where the random images are located and where the base random image is. If there is a .htaccess file in there, over write it with the one supplied.

Its a good test to just upload the contents of the folder to a test folder on your webserver and then view the bg.jpg image in your browser. There is a default image that will appear. If the default image appears then your golden, if not, then we need to look at this further.